“A quality belt and holster will keep the gun in the exact same place every single time, whether or not you’re skinny whether or not your fat. As a fat guy, trust me, I’ve been through this before.” – John Johnston
Our show for this week is what we like to call a “meat and potatoes” show. John, Andy, and Matt the Minion get back to the basics and discuss getting started with concealed carry. Gun and holster selection, types of carrying options, and wardrobe selection are all topics we hit on. We talk about the use of the über sexy fanny pack for concealed carry while exercising. Towards the end of the show John covers some women’s issues, and lets people know where they can find more information.
For those of you getting started, here is a list of manufactures that Ballistic Radio has some personal experience with, and recommends. Generally if we prefer one over the other we’ve listed it first. All other listings after the first are in no particular order. Links marked with an asterisk make products specifically geared towards women. DISCLAIMER: None of these are paid endorsements, they’re just companies we use and like. Additionally, just because we haven’t listed a company doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with their product. We just don’t have experience with them or their gear didn’t work for us in particular. As with anything carry issues are intensely personal, and there is no “one size fits all” answer to any gear questions.
- BELTS: Volund Gearworks, Comp-Tac, Flashbang Holsters*
- HOLSTERS: Dark Star Gear, JM Custom Kydex, Comp-Tac, Flashbang Holsters*
- MAG CARRIERS: KYTEX Shooting Gear, Comp-Tac
- FANNY PACK (THOUGH WE DENY EVER HAVING USED ONE): Tommy’s Gun Packs (FYI, Don’t buy direct from the website. Get on their email list, they’re constantly having sales at 50-70% off.)
- WOMEN’S SPECIFIC INFORMATION: Cornered Cat, A Girl’s Guide To Guns, Armed Candy, Shoot Like A Girl
Podcast: Play in new window | Download